This page attempts to layout the traffic/transportaion elements as they relate to the Mohawk Valley Health System (MVHS) SEQR. At the end, we offer links to the rendering of their "super-block" hospital we hope to relocate.
First, here are coordinates of the "front door” to proposed hospital, a Google map link: 333 Lafayette Street, Utica, NY 13502
(1) MAP A - Neighborhood Today, as provided in SEQR. Here's a view that our group likes, the Columbia Lafayette Neighborhood (CoLa), and this view shows the Building Densisty we hope to preserve. Also (but not critical now), are more details of the Existing CoLa Neighborhood buildings and streets.
(2) MAP B - Proposed Hospital Concept
(3) MAP C -Hospital Parking Schematic
Our group's main index to all SEQR process documents and links: MVHS SEQR
Consider: Looking at the traffic flows in the study, a Majority Of Traffic to proposed downtown site would flow-in from the South! #Utica #Traffic #Arterial #Hospital #MVHS #Flooding.
(4a) The DEIS - TOC & Links to DEIS (Note: not all links on that page are active, we didn't finish separating their massive DEIS into separate pages), however...
Below are direct links to key traffic and transportation-related portions of their DEIS:
(4b) DEIS - Section 7. TRANSPORTATION , 26 pages, description of transportation settings, which contain the following tables and figures...
Table 9. Existing Study Area Roadways
Table 10. Intersection Level Of Service Criteria
Table 11. Accident Occurrence
Table 12. Parking Supply And Demand
Table 13. Parking Summary
Table 14. Trip Generation
Figure 12. Study Intersections
Figure 13. Regional Trip Distribution
(4c) DEIS - Appendix F. Traffic Impact Study, DEIS Pages 1844 to 2403 (560 pages).
The FEIS and traffic-related "DEIS corrections" and FEIS additions follow...
(5a) - Section 2. CORRECTIONS AND REVISIONS TO DEIS, (2 pages), see 5th bullet as it lists a series of traffic-related messures.
(5b) FEIS - Appendix B. NYSDOT Comments, (9 pages).
(5c) FEIS - Appendix D. Traffic Impact Study Addendum, (557 pages).
(6) Nexus Center - The traffic study in the DEIS did not account for the Nexus Center, stated "project was speculative”. Now the Nexus Center is funded and we've solid evidence they will break ground this fall.
Nexus and the AUD are exactly opposite to the north of the hospital and parking garage footprints. Nexus will closes-off a side street, building on top of it, immediately to the east of AUD…
(7) Hospital To Relocate - Here are the out-of-scale downtown hospital renderings, a concept we hope to relocate...
Illustraion of the 12 Hospital Sites that they "studied". Number "10" is downtown and number "11" is alterative site that's hospital board approved.
You can help, please join us on Facebook #NoHospitalDowntown. Also consider adding your voice to Hundreds of People Saying, "No Hospital Downtown". Get to know BUD, that's the future of the Columbia Lafayette Neighborhood!